Listing for Rent
Make money renting out your camera gear
Earn $$$ Renting out Your Gear
Put your gear to work while you're not using it. Meet local creatives and make extra cash renting your gear to them. Soon, your gear will pay for itself!
Even though our community is an invite only, every member under goes multiple identity checks, including two-step phone verification and national ID upload. Our proprietary security system constantly monitors activity on Gleee marketplace and our in-house operations team reviews members and transactions in order to help resolve issues before they occur.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to list an item?
Listing your items on Gleee marketplace is for a monthly listing fee. Once your listing is approved, you can start immediately receiving requests to rent your gear. When your item is rented, Gleee does not charge any commission or service fee from your profits.
The monthly listing fee to cover members verification, member support, and to provide the legal infrastructure for the sharing operations to occur.
Is it safe? What if my gear is damaged?
Our highest priority at Gleee is trust. We know the risks of renting online. That’s why we have built a one-of-a-kind platform that provides our members with various tools to ensure confidence when transacting with another.
We offer a solid legal infrastructure for rentals to help protect our members and their gear. If there is a claim, our legal partners helps you through the process as quickly as possible.
All new members go through a multi-layered manual identity verification process to ensure trust.
Is there a fee to use Gleee?For gear listing, Gleee charges equipment owners a monthly listing fee of 1% of the equipment brand new selling price.
What are the criteria you look for in members?
- Amount and type of gear: Our goal is to maintain and expand a diverse inventory of equipment for our members to rent. So whatever you think may be valuable to the community, we encourage you to list it.
- Location: Right now, we are live in Cairo. If you live there, you can sign up and get started right away. We're expanding quickly, so if your area isn't on the list, mail us on email@example.com and add your name to the wait list for your town.
- Professional experience: We encourage members to showcase their professional experience. Fill out your biography, and include links to your reel, your website, your Facebook and LinkedIn profile, and your work on YouTube and Vimeo.
- Social media profiles: Linking your social media profiles, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, represents your social and professional background, and helps us get to know who you are.
- Identity verification: We use an automated ID verification system to protect our community and prevent fraud. You'll need to go through this process before you make your first rental.